Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Brian sanding, Erin napping

Well, the drywall work is FINALLY done. It's as good as it's going to get with 80 year old crooked and uneven walls. Or, at least as good as an easily bored amateur is going to get it. On Sunday I rented a power wall sander with built-in vacuum. AWESOME! Makes quick work of the final prep phase, prior to texturing the walls.

Meanwhile, in the soon-to-be-office, my mother cleaned up the molding that had gotten beat up a bit in earlier weeks.

What was Erin doing this whole time, you ask? When she wasn't painting her toes or primping her hair, she was doing what she does best.

In pregnancy related news, apparently for the past few weeks, the little parasite has been kicking and flipping around and doing whatever it is that parasite larvae do before they're hatched. Every time I've tried to feel it, it stops, as if playing hide and seek. ("Shh, don't move, he'll find us.") This past week Erin had me feel her belly during its most active time. Holy crap! I thought it was going to jump out and try to eat me. Remember the chestburster scene from Alien? Yeah, this one will give me nightmares, too.

No comments: