Tuesday, May 26, 2009

High calorie diet

After fasting for 9 days, last night I FINALLY received my custom bag of TPN. 2400 calories, straight to the veins. Better than any cheesesteak. For the first time in days, I woke up this morning without the lightheaded dizziness I'd been experiencing due to malnourishment. Hell, if I could lug this bag and IV pole around with me all the time, I'd be in great shape!

Oh, and to all my Disco teammates, a couple of cute physical therapists have been coming by to make sure I do all my exercises. They put MJ to shame. I'm game ready, kids! Except for the sutures, scars, pain, etc.

2 comments:

vicky said...

Brian,
You are amazing! Your detailed blog of what has happened to you was for me informative however I feel such sadness for all your suffering you have endured. I have you in my prayers everyday hoping you can realize some relief through all this. I have so enjoyed lucy. We were together just lucy and me and we went to cooper river and after a nice walk laid her down on a blanket where she loved touching the soft grass. She just giggled. We have bonded as i believe she sees many of my shall we say small alters. She is so loving and touches me with such softness as she reaches for my face. What a beautiful testament of love I see being shared by everyone and most of all you and Erin. Know you are in my thoughts and prayers (I am considered a very good prayer)be well and know you are very much loved. Vicky (Petra and Jim's friend)

Anne said...

Brian so glad to hear from you. We missed you and Erin terribly this weekend. Todd told us about your Sunday Setback but it is nice to be able to read about your experience from your own writing. Hopefully it has been as therapeutic for you as it has been enlightening for me. Thanks for sharing with all of us.
Hope you are going to get to eat soon. Miss you - love you and hope you get to bust out of the hospital any day now.